I'm happy to announce the release of our custom siege regions plugin, which introduces PvP siege regions to Nations. The wiki page for the plugin can be read here.
Naval and PvP sieges will now be referred to as assaults, and siege regions as assault regions.
Assault regions are now owned by nations rather than individuals. To begin an assault, a nation member with the rank of general, co-leader or leader must enter an assault region during its attack time windows (/aregion info <region name>) and type /assault begin <region name>.
Item rewards are treated as a stream of nation resources, and monetary rewards are deposited in the nation bank.
The primary objective of PvP assaults is to control various flags across the map, similar to the team PvP arenas on /server pvp. Flags are marked with beacons. Controlling flags and killing enemy players will award you with points. The assault can end early if one side wins a certain number of points. Precise values can be found in /aregion info <region name>.
PvP assaults have some properties that distinguish them from SiegeWar sieges and Movecraft assaults:
- Teleportation: Once an assault has started, participants can teleport there (with a cooldown). /assault teleport <region name>
- No ender pearls.
- No Movecraft: Crafts cannot enter PvP regions.
- Keep inventory: Keep inventory is disabled during the preparation phase and enabled during the active phase.
- Soldier rank: It is necessary to have a soldier rank to participate in a PvP region.
- War sickness: During an active assault, players who are not allied to the attacking or defending nations will experience war sickness inside the region.
There are currently two PvP regions:
All regions except Sahara are organised into theaters of war, of which there are currently three:
- Maritime Silk Road:
- Indian Ocean
- North Atlantic
- North Atlantic
- South Atlantic
Controlling every region inside a theater provides your nation with bonus rewards! Check /theater info <theater name> for more information.
You may notice there is overlap between theaters; this is intentional.
Movecraft battles remain largely the same, with a few changes:
- During an assault, crafts piloted by non-participants will be denied entry to the assault region.
- The concept of a "flagship" has been removed; attackers will earn points from capping even if the assault-starter's craft is sunk.
- Rewards now have the ability to distribute item rewards in addition to monetary rewards.
- The time windows for regions have traditionally been a contentious topic. The new plugin gives us the option to add non-identical time windows if necessary.
This plugin was started by Rattlyy and I have been working on it intermittently since his departure.
Last edited: about 1 month ago x 7