play.ccnetmc.com
Click to copy IP
discord.gg/Xn35DhyPQq
Click to join
Welcome to CCNet!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer: Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.
Experimental Plugin Dev Blog #1: CampaignWar 1
Elkhelm Member
3 posts
0 topics
about 1 month ago

I would love to help test as well

Fak4 Member
20 posts
0 topics
about 1 month ago

What happens if Side A, wins a province from Side B, will all the builds and everything from side B go to Side A? (The things that are in the province)

Perpltxed Moderator
15 posts
3 topics
about 1 month ago

Looking forward to see some big tests

CosmicKingSimp Member
2 posts
0 topics
about 1 month ago

I love Conquest War, pls marry me <3

galacticwarrior9 Admin Member
34 posts
19 topics
about 1 month ago
Fak4:

What happens if Side A, wins a province from Side B, will all the builds and everything from side B go to Side A? (The things that are in the province)

No, just like how the ownership of a town doesn't change if it loses a siege. Instead, Side A will win "victory points" that will help them achieve their "war goals". Their war goals might include "occupy the town of XYZ". I will explain this system in more detail in another post.

Last edited: about 1 month ago
galacticwarrior9 Admin Member
34 posts
19 topics
about 1 month ago
greymesa:

I see.

A possible solution may be having a dynamic scaling map (unlike Nations) that expands as more players join the community. 

Also, automatic province wipes after a certain period of inactivity may coincide with that well.

For example: 

Using the activity system implemented in Nations currently, the rank of province leader could be automatically given to town members in order of town rank scaled by activity given a certain period of inactivity (3 months as a basis carried over from nations).

Ideally, should this be implemented, town members would be skipped over to be given the leadership position if they also reached a period of inactivity.

Let's say that I lead a province and I happen to go inactive for three months, I have three co-leaders: EkkoTheEcho, Tre_2020, and Jakers1700. The leadership position would fall on the co-leader with the highest activity; let's say Ekko in this case. But oh no! Ekko is only the most active because he hasn't logged on in three months versus Tre's four and Jakers' five. They would then be skipped over because they fall under the three-month threshold for activity and leadership would be given to the next highest-ranking member with the most activity compared to other members with the same rank.

With such a system I feel that members of a province won't be weighed down by inactivity, as if the leader is inactive- the role will be passed down.

That being said, I believe that should no other candidates for leader be found after a point of inactivity. The province should be wiped and re-genned for someone more active- or even new players to take over

That's an excellent point. Since the idea is not to use an Earth map, it will be possible to expand the world when needed and generate fresh provinces in the new areas.

For your second point, perhaps an election could be held if a mayor is removed for inactivity. That way leadership will always be passed onto someone who is active and has support.

Last edited: about 1 month ago x 1
andrew___ Member
1 posts
0 topics
about 1 month ago

If i ever get unbanned i would love to try this

no